3D Additive Manufacturing is revolutionizing business. Just as the internet and digital technology have forever changed how businesses communicate, 3D manufacturing (aka “3D Printing”) has forever changed how we view prototyping, modeling and product trials.
3D PRINTING BEGINS WITH AN IMAGE
• Send us your image and we’ll tell you if it meets the requirements for 3D viability. If so, we’ll create a CAD (wireframe) file.
• If you have an existing CAD file, we can probably use it, although modifications may be necessary.
• If it’s something we can capture with our “wand” scanner, that’s how we’ll begin the project.
• If you have no tangible images or product examples, we can work with sketches or renderings. We’ll work with you to create a viable product.
• Once a CAD has been created, it can be manipulated. This is the stage during which alterations are made. If you’re altering an existing product or creating a new one, make sure it meets both design and manufacturing criteria before committing it to production.
READY TO PRINT
• Once you’ve achieved the desired result, your file is ready to print. Whether it’s a model of a sophisticated military aircraft radar system or a simple iPhone case, a precise and accurate part emerges in minutes.
TO CAST OR NOT TO CAST
• Once your 3D object is made, you have a choice. You can use it “as is”, or you can create a mold and cast multiple parts. If your object is a “one-off” prototype, you’re ready to go. If your objective is to create multiple pieces, we’ll create a mold and begin the manufacturing process.
WHY CHOOSE DEPTH?
• DEPTH is fundamentally different from its competitors. We are an engineering company with graphics capability. Rather than simply “print” your files, DEPTH provides expertise regarding functionality and engineering design. Why create something if it doesn’t work? We’ll work with you during the entire process to assure that your idea comes to fruition – successfully.